|Grants and Compliance Advisors at Oxfam Nigeria
||Posted: 6 days ago
Oxfam, one of the leading global development organizations, mobilizes the power of people against poverty. We are a diverse confederation of 17 strongly interconnected national affiliates working in over 90 countries, either directly, or with partners to enable transformational change, using a unique combination of long-term development, campaigning and humanitarian programs.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below: Job Title: Grants and Compliance Advisor
Maiduguri Job Purpose
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage the risks to Oxfam’s program and resources in the Lake Chad Basin CAT 1 humanitarian response, by monitoring the management of restricted donor contracts and ensuring high quality compliance management.
- This includes working closely with finance, logistics, funding and program staff in Nigeria, Niger and Chad to ensure and maintain a high standard of compliance.
- The Grants and Compliance Advisor will report to the Oxfam Germany Head of Humanitarian Aid. The position will be based in Maiduguri (Nigeria) with frequent travels to the other Oxfam offices within the Lake Chad region.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Ensure relevant program, funding, logistics and finance staff are informed on restricted contracts with German donors including all relevant donor rules and regulations
- Support and provide quality control of all aspects of contract management of institutional funding contracts with German donors for the LCB response
- Review financial and narrative reports for compliance with Oxfam and donor requirements. This includes supporting and building restricted fund-management capacity and knowledge of donor requirements within Program, Finance and Logistics teams, with particular respect to funding allocations, exchange and interest rate issues and procurement rules
- Support Funding, Finance and Program teams to produce monthly spending reviews for each relevant donor contract. This includes ensuring proper allocation of spending to match funds available under the relevant contracts and avoid under spends
- Ensure smooth communication with the Humanitarian Team of Oxfam Germany
- Support proposal development for German donors
- Degree from a recognized University/College in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Statistics or any other related area that can bring added value to the job
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience for graduate holders, including budgeting, planning, program cycle management, preferably in an international NGO
- Knowledge in donor requirements and managing funds from German institutional donors
- Sound skills in capacity building in relation to fundraising and grants management
- Excellent in the use of computers and Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English and French, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills
- Good administrative and numerical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational awareness and understanding of knowledge management
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; able to understand complex issues and translate them into simple, workable actions and plans
- Ability to adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
- Ability to work in an tropical environment
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work
- Permission to work in Germany
- Fluency in written and spoken German is an advantage
- Sufficient knowledge of Oxfam’s priorities and development and humanitarian program work is an advantage
- Experience of working with Oxfam systems
Application Closing Date
- A job in a highly motivated team within an international NGO.
- An appropriate remuneration.
- This position is classified according to Oxfam Germany´s reward structure into level 14.
7th May, 2017. How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their full applications with Cover letter, CV and certificates (if possible summarized in one PDF file and by indicating the source, where you read of our invitation to tender), to the Head of HR & Organization, Oxfam Deutschland, via the e-mail: email@example.com Note
- For further questions, please contact Mr. Wolfgang Prangl, Head of Humanitarian Aid, phone +49 30/45 30 69-504
- Interviews will take place in Berlin presumably by mid May 2017.